We have been overwhelmed by the support for the Stay Sunny Tarps initiative over the last few weeks, and now we want to continue this positivity by uniting as a local community through art. We are calling on the residents of Tarporley, to be part of the Stay Sunny Tarps – Art Project, asking for sunflower artwork submissions that have been created whilst in isolation.
Channel your creativity to create a sunflower image on a 15cm square card and enter it into our competition. This can be a drawing, painting, cross stitch, collage, embroidery or even covered with fabric and stitched, anything goes. There is no need for any artistic talent or special art equipment, as this project is inclusive to everyone. For examples, watch Rachel Davies’ video: tinyurl.com/tarporley
All sunflower artworks submitted will be featured in an online exhibition with the winning entries being made into a series of prints and merchandise to be sold on behalf of Tarporley War Memorial Hospital. All artwork submitted will also be used to create a framed collage marking “A Communities Covid-19 Response” which will be displayed in a communal space, so get involved and be part of history in the making!
How To Enter
• Create your sunflower image on a 15cms square of card (this can be the back of a cereal packet) and include the following details on the back of your artwork; Name, age, contact telephone/email, method of payment e.g online/spar.
• Submit your artwork within an envelope and drop off at Tarporley Spar. We can collect artwork or artwork can be posted. Telephone Helpline 01829 833069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
• Pay your £2 entry fee per artwork using the specified box at Spar or via this link: www.gofundme.com/stay-sunny-tarps-art-project
• Check out your artwork alongside all submissions in the windows of Tarporley High Street from July 18th 2020 and in our virtual exhibition: www.tarporleyhospital.co.uk/stay-sunny-tarps-artproject/
• Get ready to vote for your favourites when voting goes live on July 18th. Winners from each category will be announced on Saturday 1st August.