In 1919, The Tarporley and District War Memorial Cottage Hospital was funded by public subscription, meaning that everyone in Tarporley and its surrounding villages contributed what they could to the financial running of the Hospital.
Every year nominated collectors in Alpraham, Beeston, Bunbury, Burton, Brassey Green, Calveley, Clotton, Hoofield, Delamere and Oakmere, Duddon, Eaton, Haughton, Huxley, Little Budworth, Rushton, Tilstone Fearnall, Tiverton, Utkinton, Willington, Peckforton, Spurstow, Iddenshall and Road Street, Tarporley and Cote-brook would walk from door to door and those that could contribute, did.
These vital subscriptions to the Hospital ensured that all could benefit from its services.
Although today we are funded differently, we look to honour our roots by asking those who can to commit to donating regularly.
Our Gold Hearts are select individuals who commit to donating a minimum of £1,000 per year to the Hospital.
We are all in effect “owners” of the Hospital and we are keen for major donors to have the opportunity to contribute to its future development.